Thursday, August 14, 2014

Homework Club!

Last year I spent quite a bit of time at the end of every month sorting through homework records in order to reward those who handed everything in. After searching tirelessly on Pinterest, I came across The Homework Club and oh how I love it!

The idea is simple: Everyone is in the club at the start of every new month (or marking period). If ever a student does not turn in a homework assignment on time they are no longer a club member. Any student who remains at the end of the month receives a homework pass! Pretty simple, right?

I have found that having the students manage this system makes it most effective. If they do not turn in an assignment, it is their job to remove their pin number from the Homework Club board. This helps them to take responsibility for their actions. Overall, my students seem to really enjoy this system and so do I!



No comments:

Post a Comment